Saturday, April 9, 2011

Regardless of the field of knowledge, we always look to an expert to provide us the advice and direction to be successful.  Just look at how many of us watch HGTV, Doctor Oz and go to Personal Trainers besides seeking the best lawyers, doctors and dentists that we can find.
In the same way, in buying or selling real estate, one needs the expertise of someone who can guide him/her through the intricacies and complications of a real state transation while have his/her very best interest in mind.
Yet....
                             How to Choose A Realtor???

Key Questions to ask is Selling Your Property:

1.      Are you a Realtor?  If so, tell me what value it brings to me.

2.      What percentage of your potential commission will go to advertising my property?   What sources of advertising do you use and why?

3.       Where does your company rank among the Real Estate Companies in
   Southside Hampton Roads?

4.      What services does your company provide that differentiates it from your competition?

5.      How many offices and agents are associated with your firm? What advantage is that to me?

6.      Describe your Buyer Pool?  How will that impact the sale of my house?

7.      What Relocation assistance can you provide?

8.      What assistance can you provide in me preparing my house to sell?

9.      What specific experience do you have selling in this neighborhood?

10.  How do you:
1)      Ensure I don’t move until I’m ready to move? 
2)      Ensure only qualified buyers see my house?
3)      Ensure the potential buyer has solid financing?

11.  How does the Standard Purchase Agreement work in my favor?

12.  Where do you rank in your company in sales and listings?  In Hampton Roads?

13.   How many years have you been a Realtor?  Number of Circle of Excellence Awards or other awards?

14.   Do you have letters of recommendation that you can provide?

No comments: