Wednesday, May 15, 2013
How to Pick a Realtor
To the general public, this may seem a dicey issue for one Realtor to get into about all Realtors in general.
Actually, choosing a Realtor is a common event every day of every year.
In 2013, it is clear more individuals and families are seeking Realtors to find a home than those seeking to sell a home. Yet, this fact will change when home owners understand that we really do have a shrinking inventory of homes.
So how does one pick a Realtor:
* Seek a referral from a trusted friend, co-worker or
* Ask a neighbor about the Realtor that helped them
buy or sell the house(as the case may be)
* Seek personal references of any Realtor interviewed
* Seek data on Realtor/Realtor's Company's market
share AND have Realtor explain the advantage to YOU.
* Google the Realtor's name
* Know Experience and Designations(Training) counts
* Know Experience isn't everything....repeating one year
for 30 years may not match a buyer's or seller's need
* Evaluate listening skills and interest in YOU!
* Evaluate experience with similar situations(i.e. Short Sales
First Time Home Buyer, Luxury Homes, etc.)
* Evaluate knowledge of present market conditions
* Evaluate "Likeability"
Your list of check points could be a bit longer but these points will help you find a Realtor that meets your specific need.